As part of reopening, we are establishing new procedures throughout the facility to ensure the health and well-being of our families, children, and staff.
WHAT TO EXPECT
OVERVIEW OF CHANGES
- Summer/ Fall Temporary Hours
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Any babysitting agreements with CYC staff should end by July 13.
- Contactless Payment Procedure: Parents are encouraged to pay online (cash is no longer accepted)
- Extra set of clothes – at least two complete sets (including socks and shoes) at all times.
- No field trips until further notice; however, walking around campus will be encouraged.
- Access to the building will be limited.
- No ancillary groups, visitors or guest speakers until further notice.
- Face masks will be required for children ages 2 and up. Masks must be provided by families.
- Health screening will be conducted at drop off.
- Sick children must be picked up within 30 minutes of notification.
- No car seats or strollers will be stored in the building
- Cots will be assigned to each child (Nap time bedding needs to be washed weekly).
- New drop-off/ pick-up procedures
Staff will take preventative actions to prevent the spread of respiratory illness.
Staff will use soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Before interaction with children
- Before and after serving food
- Before and after diapering/toileting
- Before and after leaving areas outside the classroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
Children will use soap and water (staff will assist and/or monitor)
- When entering the room from home
- When moving from one school environment to the next
- Before and after eating
- Before and after toileting
- Blowing nose, coughing or sneezing
- Children ages 2 years and above will wear a mask provided by their family.
- Children ages 2 years and above will not wear a mask while sleeping.
- Children under 2 years will not wear masks
- All staff will wear masks while caring for children.
- Staff will introduce their masks to children to prevent them from being surprised
- All masks will be cleaned
- All masks will be put on and taken off properly
Screening – checks exposure to Covid-19 and any related symptoms.
Temperature – Checked at drop-off - 100.4 degrees or higher and/or flu-like symptoms – will be sent home.
- All staff will receive a daily temperature check and answer COVID-19 Screening questions.
- All families at time of drop-off will answer daily Covid-19 screening questions.
- Children will have their temperature checked daily.
- OECOSL (Office of Early Childhood and Out of School Learning) Cleaning and sanitizing guidance will be used (Guidance document for proper surface cleaning distributed to custodian and CYC staff.)
- Toys will be cleaned and sanitized as appropriate.
- Large groups of children will be avoided.
- Playground area will be limited to one classroom at a time.
- Gatherings of the whole school will not take place.
- Each group of children will remain in their respective classroom or space.
- Children will be taken to their classroom upon arrival (No early morning rooms).
- Access to the building is limited.
- No ancillary groups to avoid combining children from multiple classes.
- Staff will coach and teach the proper way to cover coughs and sneezes with older children.
- Younger children – clothing will be changed and surfaces cleaned.
If a staff member or child becomes sick while at school:
- The individual will be isolated from others.
- Parents must pick up their child within 30 minutes of being notified that their child is ill.
- Staff member goes home immediately and will follow university protocol for reporting illness.
DROP-OFF/ PICK-UP PROCEDURES
- Vehicles will pull into CYC lot entrance and park as normal. Parent/Guardian and child will exit vehicle and proceed to the screening line in front of the CYC entry doors along south sidewalk. Families are asked to utilize their masks and observe physical distancing guidelines (self-regulated though marked) while in line. Additionally, please remember to stay to your right when entering the vestibule and lobby.
- Once at the front of line, you will be asked a series of screening questions and your child’s temperature will be checked. Once screened and approved, a CYC staff member will walk your child to their classroom.
- Staff member will utilize parent’s PIN number via Tadpoles for check-in.
- We ask that you call the CYC 10-15 minutes before you arrive to pick up your child.
- Monitors (staff members) will be available to bring your child to you and will use your PIN number via Tadpoles for the check-out procedure.
- During inclement weather you will, of course, proceed to the lobby and follow the same procedure mentioned above.